782 E State Street · Barberton, OH 44203
email@example.com · (440) 499-5433
WEB DEVELOPER AND PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Web Developer and Programmer Analyst with proven experience in the design, development and maintenance
of internal and external web sites. Recognized for developing user friendly database interfaces and exceeding
customer expectations with their designs. Skills include:
- Linux / Unix
- XML / XSLT
- Shell Scripting
- HTML / CSS
- ASP .Net / C#
NEOFILL, LLC, Hartville, OH
June 2010 to Present
Discount deal fulfillment for radio and TV stations
One of three web developers responsible for the company’s web platforms which include:
- Neofill.com, a cluster of servers that are used for private label websites by thousands of radio and TV
stations to sell discount deal certificates. As well as certificate creation and inventory, it has a
payment processing system using Authorize.net via cUrl API calls.
- Halfoffdeals.com which aggregates deals from all of the private label sites and lets users find deals by
city or zip code radius search.
- Neofillbids.com, a private label auction platform for dozens of radio and TV stations.
All web development is done in PHP on either FreeBSD or Linux with MySQL as the database (LAMP).
- Implemented ad-hock fixes and improvements to all systems on a daily basis.
- Developed a new daily deal format for their main web platform, Neofill.com that a customer requested. Two
dozen customers now use that format to increase their sales.
- Developed a mobile friendly template for the Neofill.com platform, resulting in an increase in sales from
- Developed a new daily email system to send deal alerts to almost two million subscribers every day. The new
system uses system resources more efficiently and has increased our rate of delivery from 60% to 80%.
- Optimized the MySQL database and many of the queries for Neofillbids.com, allowing us to be able to take on
more customers without increasing the need for more system resources.
- Integrated Piwik web analytics into Neofill.com and the daily email system to allow customers to better track
and target their marketing efforts.
MAVERICK DIRECT, INC., Bath, OH
November 2009 to June 2010
IT Consulting Firm
Programmer Analyst at Diebold, Inc.
- Developed a reporting system for ATM trouble tickets that combines the clients US and Brazilian
systems into one. The web interface is PHP, XML and XSLT with an Oracle database backend.
- Fixed many SQL injection and cross site scripting vulnerabilities in a suite of PHP applications
REVOL, Cleveland, OH
June 2007 to March 2008
Regional cellular telephone service provider
Sr. Database Programmer
- Designed and developed a MySQL database to store a log of every call made on Revol’s network,
over 30,000,000 per month.
- Using the CodeIgniter framework, wrote a PHP based web interface to the call log database to allow
Revol to easily respond to law enforcement requests for call data. Reduced reporting time from days to hours.
- Developed an inventory system that allows users to see what the cost of any Revol cell phone was
at any point in time allowing Revol to save thousands of dollars in taxes. This system parsed data files from
Revol’s suppliers and stored the data in an Oracle 9iR2 database. The system interfaced to the point of sale
system and the billing system as well.
ANCHOR DANLY, Cleveland, OH
May 2000 to April 2007
Leading manufacturer of die sets, die supplies, and components
Headed development and maintenance of company website www.danly.com from conception, using IBM’s
WebSphere Commerce Suite 4.1 and running on a Sun Enterprise 4500 using Solaris 7 with an IBM DB2 database.
- Administered site as sole contributor.
- Wrote the middleware to copy orders from the Danly web site to the corporate ERP system on an IBM AS/400 saving
hundreds of hours per week of manual order entry.
- Wrote a Java application that pulled XML files from an IBM MQSeries server and updated the Danly web site with the
information parsed from the XML.
- Designed, developed and maintained two additional sites www.ieminternational.com and www.lempco.com including site
layout and graphic design work while rewriting sites from scratch.
- Maintained two Sun servers running Solaris 7 with DB2 databases and several Linux servers running CentOS 4.4 with
PostgreSQL 8.1 databases.
- Rewrote Danly web site in Perl and moved to CentOS Linux servers allowing for thousands of dollars of savings per
year in reduced maintenance costs by using open source software.
MEGA SOLUTIONS, INC., Cleveland, OH
June 1995 to May 2000
IT Consulting Firm
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Developed IT solutions for major clients
- Developed a set of applications to track trailers at the warehouses of Roadway Express. System consisted of
Informix E/SQL C programs and accessed an Informix 7 On-Line database on an IBM AIX 4 machine. Developed for
Teklogix hand held RF terminals and then rolled out to approximately 100 warehouses across the country. Saved
the company hundreds of man hours of time searching for trailers each week.
- Developed a web based, secure, UNIX account administration package for Alltel's intranet, consisting of Netscape
browsers, with Verisign authentication certificates.
- Redesigned credit application authorization system for Sterling Jewelers as part of a team including Visual
Basic 5.0 programs that interfaced with MicroFocus COBOL programs on HP-UX.
- Integrated production data collection system, bulk material handling system, and EPA reporting system for Premix, a
thermoset plastic manufacturer, with new Baan system, saving them the huge expense of replacing their legacy systems.
- Converted character-based customer service and order entry system to a Windows based client-server application
for Flambeau. Redesigned and programmed forms and reports using ORACLE Developer 2000.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
BS, Computer Science, Kent State University, Kent, OH
Java Programming and Java Web Application Development with Jakarta Struts, H.O.T.T.
Administration and Development of IBM WebSphere Commerce Suite 4.1, IBM